A joking comment at work about the Vikings getting to wear actual horned helmets on the field has led to this post – if your team could have a true homefield advantage, what would it be? Here’s what I came up with:
- Minnesota Vikings – Wearing actual horned helmets.
- Detroit Lions – In the red zone, there is a trap door where an actual lion comes out, Gladiator-style.
- New York Jets – Jet. Powered. Skateboards.
- New England Patriots – If a receiver gets behind the D, Bill Belichick is authorized to shoot them with a musket (non-lethal beanbag if you must).
- Chicago Bears – Three times per game, an actual bear can be brought in at running back. Must be taught to carry the ball with his front paws, and not eat Ed Hochuli.
- Dallas Cowboys – Tony Romo can lasso one potential tackler after handing the ball off.
- St. Louis Rams – Blockers are allowed to ram their helmets into the groin of linebackers.
- New Orleans Saints – Can ask forgiveness for 3 penalties per game (probably have to limit it to procedural stuff, and not personal fouls).
- Buffalo Bills – Can replace a safety with an actual Bison. If Ocho Cinco thought Donte Whitner could hit…
Anyone else have a good one?