Hey everybody, I am back from a bit of a hockey hiatus! I was annoyed with some of the grumpy chest-thumpers in the blogger/MSM/team dynamic for a while there, but now I’m back and ready for a successful offseason! First things first, congratulations to the Blackhawks. If there’s one thing Buffalo is good at, it’s making tenuous links topeople to try and share in their glory. So, thanks Patrick Kane! I promise you won’t get stuck in a fire truck bucket this time. Well, as long as they use the truck from Amherst.
As a public service, I thought I’d provide a list of dates for the important events of the offseason. Things are a little different thanks to the lockout before the season, and this should help straighten that out for you.
- June 30th – The NHL Draft is held in New Jersey. Buffalo is hosting a draft party.
- July 1st – Bucky writes a hatchet job piece on Ryan Miller.
- July 5th – 1st day of Free Agency.
- July 6th – The date by which all hockey fans realize there are no good players available as free agents.
- July 7th-12th – Sabres Development Camp at FNC. On the 12th, there is a scrimmage, autograph session for kids 12 and under with the rookies, with the evening taken up by a live music at Canalside. 10,000 Maniacs will be performing at 8pm. First 500 to arrive will be getting a complimentary 56k modem, an AOL floppy disc, and a Laserdisc of the 10,000 Maniacs appearance on MTV’s Unplugged.
- July 28th – The Buffalo News will run a positive piece about Darcy’s moves. Nah, I’m just fucking with you. Bucky will do another lame ‘GM for a Day’ piece with moves no actual GM could pull off.
That’s good for now. You’ll hear more about training camp and the team’s schedule further into the summer.